Sie befinden sich hier
The DNA-Sequencing on the desktop NGS system PGM from Ion Torrent Life Technologies is based on the principle of Semiconductor Sequencing developed in 2007. This technology allows a real-time measurement of hydrogen ions produced during DNA replication and thereby directly translates genetic information (DNA) to digital information (DNA sequence).
This is enabled by an ion semiconductor chip on which the sequencing reaction takes place. The different available chips allow a flexible output for ultimate project flexibility. Additonally, the sequencing times are short, e.g. 30 min for a 1 x 35 bp on a 314 chip or 8 hours for a 1 x 400 bp run on a 318 chip.
Number of reads per run
- Up to 0.5 million reads per Ion 314 chip (eg, reads passing filter)
- Up to 3 million reads per Ion 316 chip (eg, reads passing filter)
- Up to 5.5 million reads per Ion 318 chip (eg, reads passing filter)
Throughput per run
- 30-50 Mb per 1 x 200 bp reads and 60-100 Mb per 1 x 400bp read on a Ion 314 Chip
- 300-600 Mb per 1 x 200 bp reads and 600 Mb - 1 Gb per 1 x 400bp read on a Ion 316 Chip
- 600 Mb - 1 Gb per 1 x 200 bp reads and 1.2 - 2 Gb per 1 x 400bp read on a Ion 318 Chip
A single free-standing tower computer appliance, included with the purchase of the Ion PGM™ System. Includes Torrent Suite™ Software with all necessary software components to deliver signal processing, base calling, read alignment, and variant calling.
Instrument Control Computer
- Dual 6-core 2.66 GHz CPUs, 48 GB RAM, 16 TB Storage
Sequencing run time
- ~ 2 hours per 1 x 200 bp reads and ~ 4 hours per 1 x 400bp read on a Ion 314 Chip
- ~ 3 hours per 1 x 200 bp reads and ~ 5 hours per 1 x 400bp read on a Ion 316 Chip
- ~ 4.5 hours per 1 x 200 bp reads and ~ 7 hours per 1 x 400bp read on a Ion 318 Chip
Contact for Users
How to Use
Dr. Verena Haselmann
Head Single Cell Genomics
Dr. sc. hum. Tina Fuchs