Sie befinden sich hier
André Baumgart is an associate scientist of the former Mannheimer Institut für Public Health, now Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin. He holds a PhD. (dr. sc. hum.) in Health/Human Sciences. His current part-time position includes research in health economic evaluation of cancer and inter-organizational health services research. He is teaching in the Master of Health Economics and covers the course health economic evaluation.
Andre Baumgart was award a research scholarship in health service research from the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany. He is part of the Young Scientist Academy of Health Service Research.
Andre Baumgart is currently pursuing a full-time career as head of corporate developement at the Lucerne Canton Hospital in Lucerne, Switzerland. He is leading strategic developements, innovative programs and projects promoting evidence-based design in hospital organizations for effective and economical health services.
- Health Economic Analysis of Prostate Cancer Treatment Options: Evaluation of Screening, risk and disease cohorts, in cooperation with Urological Clinic, UMM and Institute of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow
- The ecology of testicular cancer standards in Germany, in cooperation with Urological Clinic, UMM
- Improvement and Organizational Change Management in Health Care Settings, in cooperation with Karolinska Institutet, SOLIID
- Clinical Epidemiology of Molecular Biomarkers in cancer, metabolic and cardiovascular diseases in cooperation with ETH Zurich and Lucerne Canton Hospital
- Health Services and Economic Research, e.g. Network Analysis of health pattern, organizational ecology in health systems, Health Health care service and provider networks, Safety, Quality Improvement and Economics in Hospitals
- Clinical Epidemiology, e.g. Risk, Treatment and Prevention of major diseases
- Molecular Epidemiology, e.g. Nutrigenomix and effects for a modern workforce
- Clinical Services Research, e.g. Health economic evaluations of cancer therapies, molecular diagnostic test, etc.
- Health Economic Evaluations, i.e. cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit-analysis, contingent valuation, DCE
- Quality of Life and care evaluation, e.g. EORTC, EQ-5D, quality and safety indicators of patient outcome
- Systematic Review, e.g. Cochrane, C-HEC, CHEERS, Drummond Checklist
- Dynamic Network Analysis of Disease, Health and Service Provision, e.g. health service provider networks and patient treatment patterns
- Bioinformatics and Genetic Analysis, e.g. SNP identification and associations of food and health / disease
- Health Economic Evaluations: TreeAge, R (Monte-Carlo Simulations)
- Quality of Life and care evaluation: EORTC, EQ-5D
- Dynamic Network Analysis: R Bioinformatics and Genetic Analysis: CLC Genomics Workbench
- Visualization: Tableau Software, R graphical libraries
Scheck McAlearne A, Terris DD, Hardacre J, Spurgeon P, Brown C, Baumgart A, Nyström ME (2013) Organizational Coherence in Healthcare Organizations: Conceptual Guidance to Facilitate Quality Improvement and Organizational Change. Quality Management in Health Care
Sattler JD, Ghezel-Ahmadi V, Denz C, Baumgart A., Schleppers A, Welker AS (2013) Bed management in intensive care - Prospective research into the organisational influences on intensive care bed allocation
Baumgart A, Schupfer G, Welker A, Bender HJ, Schleppers A (2010) Status quo and current trends of operating room management in Germany Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 23(2): 193-200
Welker A, Baumgart A, Martin J, Geldner G, Iber T, Schüpfer, G, Steinmeyer-Bauer K, Bender HJ, Schleppers A (2010) Analysis of OR management and intraoperative and perioperative code numbers in German hospitals - Comparison of the years 2002, 2005 and 2007 Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin 1 (in press)
Baumgart A, Denz C, Bender HJ, Schleppers A (2009) How work context affects operating room processes: using data mining and computer simulation to analyze facility and process design Qual Manag Health Care 18: 305-314
Baumgart A, Neuhauser D (2009) Frank and Lillian Gilbreth: scientific management in the operating room Qual Saf Health Care 18, 413-415
Baumgart A, Denz C, Bender H, Bauer M, Hunziker S, Schupfer G, Schleppers A (2009) Simulation-based analysis of novel therapy principles. Effects on the efficiency of operating room processes Anaesthesist 58: 180-186
Baumgart A, Schmitz D, Denz C (2009) "Robustheit der OP-Planung", in Bender, H.-J., Biermann, E., Schüpfer, G., Wichtl, O. „Management im OP", MEPS - Medical Event & Publisher Services GmbH, Nürnberg, in German
Dr. André Baumgart