Writing and publishing software SciFlow
Within the scope of a test version, students and researchers of the Medical Faculty can test the software from now until 31.03.21.
SciFlow is a new online writing and publishing software. It is a collaborative web application developed to save researchers and students time and effort.
What does SciFlow offer?
- Several authors can work on a text at the same time.
- References can be imported from different literature management systems.
- Word and LaTeX users can work together on one document.
- Predefined journal templates with the corresponding citation styles are available.
- The created documents can be exported in Word, LaTeX and PDF format or as a ZIP file.
- All data is stored completely anonymized on servers in Germany.
Notes on registration:
For initial registration go to the SciFlow-start page and create a user account. To use the service, register with your official university e-mail address (...@stud.uni-heidelberg.de | ...@medma.uni-heidelberg.de) or with your hospital e-mail address (...@umm.de).
During the test you can access about 80 predefined journal templates. In addition, the following templates are provided especially for our institution:
- For the dissertations of the Mannheim Medical Faculty including the output style "Cell-ThesisWeb", which is adapted to the guidelines of the faculty.
- European Journal of Cancer
- Three additional journal templates are provided by SciFlow on request.
In case of licensing after the test phase, SciFlow users could request any number of journal templates needed for their own publications free of charge. Therefore, feedback on your user experience and whether you consider further licensing to be useful is not only welcome, but explicitly desired. Only if we receive first-hand feedback from you, we can make a meaningful decision about licensing. For feedback or questions please contact us at bibliothek@ or 0621/383-3710. medma.uni-heidelberg.de