Writing and publishing software SciFlow
From 01.04.2021 we have licensed the SciFlow software for one year.
SciFlow is a new online writing and publishing software. It is a collaborative web application developed to save researchers and students time and effort.
What does SciFlow offer?
- Several authors can work on a text at the same time.
- References can be imported from different literature management systems.
- Word and LaTeX users can work together on one document.
- Spell check by Duden-Mentor Pro and LanguageTool Pro
- Predefined journal templates with the corresponding citation styles are available.
- The created documents can be exported in Word, LaTeX and PDF format or as a ZIP file.
- All data is stored completely anonymized on servers in Germany.
Notes on registration:
For initial registration go to the SciFlow-start page and create a user account. To use the service, register with your official university e-mail address (...@stud.uni-heidelberg.de | ...@medma.uni-heidelberg.de) or with your hospital e-mail address (...@umm.de).
You can also subscribe to the SciFlow newsletter. This will keep you well informed about the latest innovations. You can subscribe directly via the registration page or afterwards using this link and the "Preferences" function.
The following templates are provided especially for our institution:
- For the dissertations of the Mannheim Medical Faculty including the output style "Cell-ThesisWeb", which is adapted to the guidelines of the faculty and the templates with the output styles of "Journal of the American Society of Nephrology" und "American Psychological Association". The "American Psychological Association" Template is still being optimised.
From 01.04.2021 SciFlow users can request as many journal templates as they like free of charge.
Outlook: Improvement of change tracking and review functions planned during the year.
For feedback or questions please contact us at bibliothek@ or 0621/383-3710. medma.uni-heidelberg.de