You are here
Maren Wittek is currently working on her dissertation in the institute of gerontology at Heidelberg University. She did a master's degree in health services research and implementation science, also at the Heidelberg University. The current focus of her research is the investigation of determinants of the implementation of care and prevention services in municipal communities as well as the implementation behaviour of involved actors.
After a one-year internship including her master's thesis at the AOK Baden-Württemberg in the Department of Health Promotion, she has been working as a staff scientist in the Town Hall Project at the Institute of Gerontology at Heidelberg University from February 2020 until September 2022. From July 2022 on she was a staff scientist in the Competence Network Preventive Medicine in the Department of General Medicine at the Center of Preventive Medicine and Digital Health (CPD). In January 2023, Maren Wittek moved to the Department of Public Health, Social and Preventive Medicine at the CPD. Additionally, she is employed at the Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Integration Baden-Württemberg.
- "Giving a voice to caring relatives of people with dementia: the Town Hall Project" (02/2020-09/2022, Staff Scientist, project coordination).
- Competence Network Preventive Medicine (since 07/2022, Staff Scientist)
- Health services research
- Implementation science
- Prevention and health promotion
- Evidence-based medicine
- Qualitative and quantitative methods
- Wittek M, Manke-Reimers F, Schmitt E (2023): Communities’ implementation behaviour regarding caring relatives of people with dementia – a quantitative study among German communities. Z Gerontol Geriatr. (Under Review).
- Wittek M, Manke-Reimers F, Schmitt E (2022): Development and psychometric properties of the Community Implementation Behaviour Questionnaire (CIBQ) in the context of supporting caring relatives of people with dementia. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 19:16198. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph192316198.
- Wittek M, Voß H, Kiefer A, Wiloth S, Schmitt E (2022): Community support for caring relatives of people with dementia: qualitative analysis using the Theoretical Domains Framework. J Public Health (Berl.). DOI: 10.1007/s10389-022-01744-w.
- Wittek M, Kiefer A, Voß H, Wiloth S (2022): Versorgung pflegender Angehöriger von Menschen mit Demenz in der Kommune während der Pandemie: Eine qualitative Studie. Pflege. DOI: 10.1024/1012-5302/a000915.
- Bombana M, Wensing M, Müller G, Ullrich C, Heinzel-Gutenbrunner M, Wittek M (2022): Media use in gynecological and obstetric care and women’s knowledge of lifestyle-related risks: A cross-sectional study. Women’s Health. 18:1-10. DOI: 10.1177/17455057221090116.
- Wittek M, Kiefer A, Kramer B, Wiloth S (2022): Implementierung kommunaler Unterstützungsangebote - Determinanten der Implementierung von Maßnahmen für pflegende Angehörige von Menschen mit Demenz. Pflege & Gesellschaft. 1:67-81.
- Bombana M, Wittek M, Müller G, Heinzel-Gutenbrunner M, Wensing M (2021): Women’s media use and preferences of media-based interventions on lifestyle-related risk factors in gynecological and obstetric care: A cross-sectional multi-center study in Germany. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 18(18):9840. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph18189840.
- Wiloth S, Kramer B, Kiefer A, Wittek M, Böttner S, Fraas C, Kruse A (2020): Die Methode der „Rathausgespräche“: Pflegenden Angehörigen von Menschen mit Demenz eine Stimme geben und das Verantwortungsbewusstsein der Kommunen stärken. Z Gerontol Geriat. 54:775–780. DOI: 10.1007/s00391-020-01788-1.