You are here
We are working on several aspects of improved oncological radiotherapy treatment planning and monitoring by using physiological and functional imaging of CT, MRI and PET. One of our main research aspects lies in developing new MR techniques (23Na imaging, dynamic MRT, diffusion, perfusion, blood bolus tagging, BOLD MRI) for clinical use in therapy planning and monitoring. Another main aspect denotes imaging of hyperpolarized 3He in the human lung, as well as T2*- and T1-techniques for non-invasive measurement of tissue oxygenation and perfusion in the myocardium which is of general interest in radiology.
Selection of recent publications
- Heilmann M, Neudecker S, Wolf I, Gubhaju L, Sticht C, Schock-Kusch D, Kriz W, Bertram JF, Schad LR, Gretz N. Quantification of glomerular number and size distribution in normal rat kidneys using magnetic resonance imaging. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2012; 27(1):100-107.
- Bauman G, Puderbach M, Deimling M, Jellus V, Chefd'hotel C, Dinkel J, Hintze C, Kauczor HU, Schad LR. Non-contrast-enhanced perfusion and ventilation assessment of the human lung by means of Fourier decomposition in proton MRI. Magn Reson Med 2009; 62:656-664.
- Nagel AM, Laun FB, Weber MA, Matthies C, Semmler W, Schad LR. Sodium MRI using a density-adapted 3D radial acquisition technique. Magn Reson Med 2009; 62:1565-1573.
- Lemke A, Laun FB, Klauß M, Re TJ, Simon D, Delorme S, Schad LR, Stieltjes B. Differentia¬tion of pan¬creas carcinoma from healthy pancreatic tissue using multiple b-values: Comparison of Apparent Diffu¬sion Coefficient and Intravoxel Incoherent Motion Derived Parameters. Invest Ra¬diol 2009; 44(12):769-775.
- Zöllner F, Sance R, Rogelj P, Ledesma-Carbayo M, Rørvik J, Santos A, Lundervold A. Assessment of 3D DCE-MRI of the kidneys using non-rigid image registration and segmentation of voxel time courses. Comput Med Imag Graph 2009; 33 (3):171-181.