You are here
Our research focuses on the development and optimisation of sequences and protocols for brain and spinal cord magnetic resonance imaging regarding modalities such as:
- functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- real-time functional magnetic resonance imaging (rt-fMRI)
- resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging (rs-fMRI)
- diffusion-weighted and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI)
- network analysis
These techniques are applied to areas of research in fear conditioning, pain, object recognition, learning and memory.
Selection of recent publications
- S. Diener, F. Nees, M. Wessa, G. Wirtz, U. Frommberger, T. Penga, M. Ruttorf, M. Ruf, C. Schmahl and H. Flor. Reduced amygdala responsivity during conditioning to trauma-related stimuli in posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychophysiology, 53, pp.1460-1471 (2016).
- F. Nees, M. Griebe, A. Ebert, M. Ruttorf, B. Gerber, O. Wolf, L. Schad, A. Gass and K. Szabo. Implicit learning in transient global amnesia and the role of stress. Front Behav Neurosci, 10, p.222 (2016).
- M. Davids, M. Ruttorf, F. Zöllner and L. Schad. Fast and robust design of time-optimal k-space trajectories in MRI. IEEE T Med Imaging, 34 (2), pp.564-577 (2015).
- B. Ubl, C. Kuehner, P. Kirsch, M. Ruttorf, H. Flor and C. Diener. Altered neural reward and loss processing and prediction error signalling in depression. Soc Cogn Affect Neur, 10 (8), pp.1102-1112 (2015).
- M. Rance, M. Ruttorf, F. Nees, L. Schad and H. Flor. Neurofeedback of the difference in activation of the anterior cingulate cortex and posterior insular cortex: two functionally connected areas in the processing of pain. Front Behav Neurosci, 8, p.357 (2014).
- M. Rance, M. Ruttorf, F. Nees, L. Schad and H. Flor. Real time fMRI feedback of the anterior cingulate and posterior insular cortex in the processing of pain. Hum Brain Mapp, 35 (12), pp.5784-5798 (2014).
- R. Cacciaglia, F. Nees, S. Pohlack, M. Ruttorf, T. Winkelmann, S. Witt, V. Nieratschker, M. Rietschel and H. Flor. A risk variant for alcoholism in the NMDA receptor affects amygdala activity during fear conditioning in humans. Biol Psychol, 94 (1), pp.74-81 (2013).
- H. Mochizuki, U. Baumgärtner, S. Kamping, M. Ruttorf, L. Schad, H. Flor, R. Kakigi and R. Treede. Cortico-subcortical activation patterns for itch and pain. Pain, 154 (10), pp.1989-1998 (2013).
- S. Pohlack, F. Nees, M. Ruttorf, L. Schad and H. Flor. Activation of the ventral striatum during aversive contextual conditioning in humans. Biol Psychol, 91 (1), pp.74-80 (2012).
- S. Pohlack, F. Nees, M. Ruttorf, S. Witt, V. Nieratschker, M. Rietschel and H. Flor. Risk variant for schizophrenia in the neurogranin gene impacts on hippocampus activation during contextual fear conditioning. Mol Psychiatry, 16 (11), pp.1072-1073 (2011).