Faculty staff (including external lecturers, guest researchers and doctoral students with employment contracts (with hospital or faculty) and emeriti) can print and copy free of charge using the library card.
For all others, 1 page of A4 black and white print/copy costs 5 cents (10 cents per sheet for double-sided printing) or 1 page of A4 colour print/copy costs 10 cents (20 cents per sheet for double-sided printing). A3 printing is double the price of A4 printing.
Scanning at the MFPs or scan station is generally free of charge.
In your print account (login with your library ID) you have the following options:
- You see the status of your print credit in cents
- You receive an overview of billed print jobs
- You can delete print jobs not yet retrieved the same day
- You can upload PDF files to print them on the Wireless Network/Wi-Fi.
Charge print account
If you do not or no longer have print credits, you can build up a credit (at least 5 euros each) at the pay machine - with library card and coins (use our money exchange machine if necessary) and then have this credit converted into print credits at the information desk with the receipt.
Printing in a wireless network/WiFi is possible after uploading PDF files via the print account (see above). Only DIN-A4 printouts are possible here. For details, see the Wireless Network/WiFi print manual.
Printing from all PCs and notebooks in the library is initiated in the respective application (e.g. Word or Adobe Reader) by clicking on Print or a print icon:
- select followprint as printer (usually preset)
- set to double-sided printing if necessary
- Note: the multifunctional devices (MFPs) automatically print in colour with page-accurate billing! For B/W printing, please select the appropriate setting in the print menu before sending the print job.
- for details see print manual PCs
Collecting print jobs in the print room:
- Black and white printers: Authentication by barcode on your library card via the barcode scanners
- Multifunctional devices: Authenticate with your library ID on the touch display.
- If you do not retrieve your print jobs, they will be deleted overnight!
- Operation of the multifunctional devices and the scan station is explained in the print room.