You are here
In the following sections, UMM doctors as well as scientists and external doctors with a teaching position at the Mannheim Medical Faculty of the University of Heidelberg will find bundled information and relevant links.
Should you have any further open questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- With our library card you can borrow media and manage your user account.
- Media from the textbook collection are reserved for students of the Mannheim Medical Faculty.
Note: Visiting physicians and visiting scientists who work for at the faculty or the hospital for more than three months receive a library card with the right to borrow media.
Reference search and -management, document delivery
- Detailed information on searching for books, journals, articles, dissertations, clinical studies, ...
- For reference management we offer EndNote for download.
Note: For UMM physicians with a hospital contract without an entry in the Heidelberg University Information System LSF (indicating an active participation in research and teaching at the Mannheim faculty) the download is not possible.
- Literature which is neither printed nor electronically available in our library can be ordered from other libraries via the Document Delivery Service (LLD).
Electronic media and access options
- Within the faculty network (i.e. also in the library rooms) you have access to numerous electronic media (e-journals, e-books, databases) that are subject to licensing.
- From outside the faculty network you can access them with the identification of your library card.
Note: UMM physicians with a hospital contract without an entry in the Heidelberg University Information System LSF (indicating an active participation in research and teaching at the Mannheim faculty) do not have an access authorization.
- Several journals published by the Thieme publishing house are freely available in the hospital network. The articles of the current issue are displayed with a direct link to the full text on the publisher's website.
Printing, copying, scanning, computer/notebook use
- Printing and copying is possible with a library card (free of charge only for faculty members, post-doctoral students and external doctors with a teaching position). Scanning is free of charge.
- Information on the use of computers/notebooks in the library.
Courses and advice
We offer group courses on fixed dates, individual consultations (Book a Librarian), and online tutorials in Moodle (SciTec@MedMa; in German), in cooperation with the Department of Medical Statistics (login only with Uni-ID or MEDMA ID).
The Department of Medical Statistics offers individual consultations for various programs, statistical consulting, and scripts and information sheets on SAS and Excel, see Services (in German).
The department TIV of the hospital also offers computer courses.
For doctors, nursing staff and other UMM employees as well as for scientists of the Mannheim Medical Faculty, we offer a home visits service.
Members of the library team visit your clinic/institute and provide you with information on the topics of your choice.
Further information on the procedure and the contact form are available on our course page Home Visits (in German)
- Picture search
- Research Data Management
- Graduate Academy Heidelberg University
- Open Science - free online training courses (toolkits) of the EU project FOSTER Plus
- Videos & Animations
- Journal rankings