Sie befinden sich hier
André Baumgart is an associate scientist of the MIPH. He holds a PhD. (dr. sc. hum.) in Health/Human Sciences. His current part-time position at the MIPH includes research in health economic evaluation of cancer and inter-organizational health services research. He is teaching in the Master of Health Economics and covers the course health economic evaluation.
Andre Baumgart was award a research scholarship in health service research from the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany. He is part of the Young Scientist Academy of Health Service Research.
Andre Baumgart is currently pursuing a full-time career as head of corporate developement at the Lucerne Canton Hospital in Lucerne, Switzerland. He is leading strategic developements, innovative programs and projects promoting evidence-based design in hospital organizations for effective and economical health services.
- Health Services and Economic Research, e.g. Network Analysis of health pattern, organizational ecology in health systems, Health Health care service and provider networks, Safety, Quality Improvement and Economics in Hospitals
- Clinical Epidemiology, e.g. Risk, Treatment and Prevention of major diseases
- Molecular Epidemiology, e.g. Nutrigenomix and effects for a modern workforce
- Clinical Services Research, e.g. Health economic evaluations of cancer therapies, molecular diagnostic test, etc.
- Health Economic Evaluations, i.e. cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit-analysis, contingent valuation, DCE
- Quality of Life and care evaluation, e.g. EORTC, EQ-5D, quality and safety indicators of patient outcome
- Systematic Review, e.g. Cochrane, C-HEC, CHEERS, Drummond Checklist
- Dynamic Network Analysis of Disease, Health and Service Provision, e.g. health service provider networks and patient treatment patterns
- Bioinformatics and Genetic Analysis, e.g. SNP identification and associations of food and health / disease
- Health Economic Evaluations: TreeAge, R (Monte-Carlo Simulations)
- Quality of Life and care evaluation: EORTC, EQ-5D
- Dynamic Network Analysis: R Bioinformatics and Genetic Analysis: CLC Genomics Workbench
- Visualization: Tableau Software, R graphical libraries
- Health Economic Analysis of Prostate Cancer Treatment Options: Evaluation of Screening, risk and disease cohorts, in cooperation with Urological Clinic, UMM and Institute of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow
- The ecology of testicular cancer standards in Germany, in cooperation with Urological Clinic, UMM
- Improvement and Organizational Change Management in Health Care Settings, in cooperation with Karolinska Institutet, SOLIID
- Clinical Epidemiology of Molecular Biomarkers in cancer, metabolic and cardiovascular diseases in cooperation with ETH Zurich and Lucerne Canton Hospital
Scheck McAlearne A, Terris DD, Hardacre J, Spurgeon P, Brown C, Baumgart A, Nyström ME (2013) Organizational Coherence in Healthcare Organizations: Conceptual Guidance to Facilitate Quality Improvement and Organizational Change. Quality Management in Health Care
Sattler JD, Ghezel-Ahmadi V, Denz C, Baumgart A., Schleppers A, Welker AS (2013) Bed management in intensive care - Prospective research into the organisational influences on intensive care bed allocation
Baumgart A, Schupfer G, Welker A, Bender HJ, Schleppers A (2010) Status quo and current trends of operating room management in Germany Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 23(2): 193-200
Welker A, Baumgart A, Martin J, Geldner G, Iber T, Schüpfer, G, Steinmeyer-Bauer K, Bender HJ, Schleppers A (2010) Analysis of OR management and intraoperative and perioperative code numbers in German hospitals - Comparison of the years 2002, 2005 and 2007 Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin 1 (in press)
Baumgart A, Denz C, Bender HJ, Schleppers A (2009) How work context affects operating room processes: using data mining and computer simulation to analyze facility and process design Qual Manag Health Care 18: 305-314
Baumgart A, Neuhauser D (2009) Frank and Lillian Gilbreth: scientific management in the operating room Qual Saf Health Care 18, 413-415
Baumgart A, Denz C, Bender H, Bauer M, Hunziker S, Schupfer G, Schleppers A (2009) Simulation-based analysis of novel therapy principles. Effects on the efficiency of operating room processes Anaesthesist 58: 180-186
Baumgart A, Schmitz D, Denz C (2009) "Robustheit der OP-Planung", in Bender, H.-J., Biermann, E., Schüpfer, G., Wichtl, O. „Management im OP", MEPS - Medical Event & Publisher Services GmbH, Nürnberg, in German
Dr. André Baumgart