Faculty network of the Medical Faculty of Mannheim
The faculty network is the network for teaching and research and enables our users to join licensed e-journals, e-books and databases and other services.
The Wirelss LAN is available for faculty employees exclusively in faculty buildings.
The Wireless LAN has three nets:
- eduroam (in German)
- UNI-HEIDELBERG - via VPN connection (in German)
- UNI-WEBACCESS - unencrypted and therefore insecure
- Additionally you will need your library login for the access to licensed e-media once each browser session (for licencing law and technical reasons).
- The clinic network cannot be accessed from the faculty network as a rule. Only authorized computers can connect from the clinic network with the faculty network.
- The faculty network is supported by the faculty's IT department (in German).
A service phone is available for reporting problems: phone 9999.